RALEIGH, NC – North Carolina Nephrology was awarded the 2022 Exemplary Practice Award by the Renal Physicians Association (RPA) at its 2022 Annual Meeting in Dallas, Texas on March 26th. NC Nephrology, PA is located in Raleigh and serves the Raleigh area and surrounding counties.
“We are extremely proud of our staff for earning this achievement,” said board member Michael Casey. “Our team has worked tirelessly, day in and day out, during the COVID-19 pandemic and recovery, and we’re honored to be recognized by such a prestigious organization. We are thankful to our patients and their families who trust us with their care and are excited to continue to expand our capabilities to meet the needs of the communities we serve.”
The Exemplary Practice Award is presented by the Renal Physicians Association (RPA) and gives national recognition to a nephrology practice that is uniquely incorporating and supporting RPA’s suggested practices and strategic efforts while meeting the needs of its community in a meritorious fashion and has been recognized in one or more areas of the specialty including clinical care education, patient safety and leadership.
North Carolina Nephrology is a group of twenty-one physicians and twenty-one Advanced Practice Providers (APP), serving patients in eight office locations in Raleigh and surrounding counties. The group:
- Provides physician coverage to twenty-eight dialysis clinics in four counties covering 2,200 ESRD (End Stage Renal Disease) patients.
- Physicians serve as medical directors for acute dialysis services at six hospitals.
- The APP Program has grown from 10 to 21 providers since 2017, allowing us to expand our APP Chronic Kidney Disease/Education Clinics into all surrounding counties.
- Participates in both didactic and clinical education of students from UNC and Campbell University Schools of Medicine. NC Nephrology is a clinical rotation site for UNC Medicine, Duke Physician Assistant Program, Campbell Medical School and Campbell Physician Assistant Program.
- Opened a Genetic Kidney Diseases Clinic in 2021 and is a vital part of clinical research into medication, laboratory testing and device program spaces.
- Recognized as “High Value Specialist” for Nephrology by our region’s largest Accountable Care Organization (ACO) since 2017.
- #2 in quality nationwide among Fresenius Health Partners ESCO Programs throughout the United States.
More information on the practice may be found at ncnephrology.com or by contacting Brad Fontenot at email@example.com.
For your convenience, photos are attached of the awards ceremony, which took part during the recent RPA Annual Meeting in Dallas, Texas.
NC Nephrology, PA
3031 New Bern Ave., #306
Raleigh, NC 27610
(Main office, directly across from WakeMed Raleigh Campus)